Filter error message?

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 06:04:26 PDT 2009

I'm getting the following error message when opening files that have
been moved from one directory to another.

"At least one original filter used for graphics imported by reference
is not available, or the imported file's format has changed. An
alternative filter may be used if the file is recognized as a graphic
Framemaker can import."

Note that relative image location has changed as a result of the move.
However, I relinked all the images I wanted to retain and told FM to
skip the ones that I knew were likely to be replaced. FM shows them as
grey boxes right now.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? It doesn't seem to have any
effect on the files, so knowing is not critical, but I am curious.

Perts:

Windows XP, SP3
FM 8.0277
Dell Inspiron, Intel Quadcore Q6600 @ 2.40GHz