Usage of WebWorks (ePublisher)

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Thu Apr 16 16:46:34 PDT 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:13:06 -0400, Jim Owens <jowens at magma.ca> wrote:

>Nancy mentioned that her client insists on Webworks 7, so all other
>options are moot.
>
>Without knowing anything about the situation, I'd still venture that
>it's not in her client's interest to use something that's been
>discontinued. Can they be talked into a more sensible decision?

I just checked in the FM7 book Sarah O'Keefe wrote, and it
appears Webworks *Standard*, the one Nancy was "required"
to use, does not even support HTML Help at all.  You'd have
to use the regular HTML output, then create the index, toc,
project file, alias and map files by hand, or at best do it
with HTML Help Workshop, which is almost as bad.

If the client is merely trying to save money by using a
"free" tool, we'll *give* her a copy of Mif2Go.  Nobody
should have to go through that process to keep a job...