Master page mystery

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 07:10:00 PDT 2009

Hi

I have just detected a little mystery related to master pages. This is what
I do:

   1. Create a new, double-sided file.
   2. On the Left master page, I insert a page number and I use a dedicated
   paratag ("footerleft") which I use on this Left master page only.
   3. I add some content to my body pages to get more than one page.
   4. I choose Format > Page Layout > Pagination and switch to a
   single-sided document.
   5. I look at my master pages and I just see 1 master page: Right (1 of
   1).
   6. I search for the paratag ("footerleft") which I used on the Left
   master page and ... FrameMaker can still find it! In my "status bar" I see:
   ¶: footerleft | Left (0 of 1)

I guess the only way to get rid of this "ghost" Left master page is to dive
into the MIF file and remove it there? I have tried this and this seems to
work, but I see that the paragraph with the "footerleft" tag then appears at
the top of my Right master page.

Weird!

--
Yves Barbion