FrameMaker Dialog Box

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:04:47 PDT 2009

>From Diana Stock:

> I occasionally help another department with a manual that uses FM 8. (I
> use FM 7.0p579) Almost every action performed Frame pops a dialog box
> stating 'Cannot be undone. Undo History will be lost. OK to continue?
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this occurs and how to disable it? I have
> never seen this before.

This warning comes as part of the muliple undo implementation. Certain operations clear the memory buffer that holds the information necessary to undo previous operations. By default, FrameMaker 8.0 warns you compulsively, each and every time the buffer is about to be cleared.

But if you go to File>Preferences>General, you'll find options that allow you to reduce the frequency of the warnings to the first time per session or to turn them off altogether.

-Fred Ridder