Compile Book_Wrong Font msg

Les Smalley l_c_smalley at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 25 04:53:14 PDT 2009

Susan,

The unavailalbe font message may come about for a number of reasons including hidden fonts in unused formats (both paragraph and character) or formats not saved in the catalogs (such as frequently happens with generic "header" and "footer" tags), table cells, text in certain graphic types, character formats used in cross-referecne definitions, and so forth.   These can appear on master and reference pages as well as body pages, or not a page at all (as in formats saved in table definitions.  This can also be an artifact of content imported from another tools (such as MS Word).

If you are positive that everything is Arial, you can fix this file by first unchecking the option in Frame  to remember missing fonts (File > Preferences > General) and then opening and resaving the file.  Naturally, you need to have Arial installed on the machine in use and not just available via it being avaialbe on the currently selected printer.

As for the Appendix titles, is the setup for the chapters and the appedices the same - that each uses a single "chapter title" or "appendix title" paragraph?  My suspicion is that the appedices are different and use  one tag for the number and a second tag for the actual title text, and that paragraph is not set to becme a bookmark via the PDF setup in the print dialog.

– Les Smalley