The correct shorthand for writing keyboard shortcuts

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 26 05:12:16 PDT 2009

Avraham,

Two questions:

Will Ctrl+M, followed by Ctrl+F, give the proper results?

Will Ctrl+M+F give the proper results?

If the second is true, I would document it by teling the user; "Press and
hold the Control key then press M followed by F (Ctrl+M+F)."

The Microsoft Manual of Style, version 2, always has shortcuts with a plus
(+) following Ctrl, Alt, of Shift (Ctrl+?).

It seems to depend on whether you need to release the Ctrl key between
sequences.