Working with MIFs in Frame

Shane Lawrence shane.lawrence at aecinc.com
Thu Apr 23 09:53:33 PDT 2009

I currently use a program to dynamically generate a book and several .mif files for its content. I have an index that needs to be generated, and of course, Frame doesn't like it when I try to 'Update Book and generate lists and indexes'. It states 'Couldn't update this book, because it contains no openable nongenerated files.' I have to open all files in book, then save all files in book (as fm) and confirms each file. It's a lot of clicking and I'm hoping to find a way around this.

Is there a way in Framemaker to batch convert all of these files back to fm, or a method to continue to work purely with mif files? The mif files actually have the .fm extension already.

Shane Lawrence