Can we change the track text edit marker colours in FM8?

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Aug 6 07:00:12 PDT 2009

Hi Heidi,

The colour and format for deleted/inserted text is actually determined by a
couple of hidden condition formats. You can see this if you click in the
text and look in the status area at the lower left corner of the document
window. You can use FrameScript to change these properties for the current
session, but the properties don't stick after you close and reopen the
document. A solution would be a FrameScript event script that would make the
changes automatically whenever you open a document. If you are interested in
a solution like this, please contact me off list. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
rick at frameexpert.com
585-659-8267

Subject: Can we change the track text edit marker colours in FM8?

Hi,

Having just discovered the useful track edit tool, I wonder if it is
possible to change the colour/underline that the edited text is given?

For example, I'd like to change the marker for inserted text from forest
green to a brighter colour.

I can't find anything in the FM8 user guide, nor on the internet. If
anyone knows of a backdoor way to do this, please let me know!

Thanks,

Heidi Bailey
Technical Author

Oxford Semiconductor, Ltd