View Only

Judy Bragg judy at hypack.com
Fri Aug 14 06:23:05 PDT 2009

I'm using FM8 to build PDF documents
Yesterday, I spent quite a while building a flowchart.  Each step is a hotspot that takes them to the relavant topic in the manual.  I got it done just in time to insert it to the manual, PDF it and send it to tech. support.
Today, I'd like to take that flowchart and modify it for a similar program.  My problem is that, for some reason, it acts like a view only document.  I can select the text box from the master page and I can select the graphic frame in which I drew the flowchart, but I can't select the component parts of the flowchart itself.  I've tried both methods of toggling the View Only property and the button in the Hypertext dialog changes back and forth.  Unfortunately, when (according to the status of the button) the document should be editable, I still can't edit my flow chart.
Does anyone out there have any ideas what else I could try?
Thanks in advance for your wisdom and help!
Judy Bragg
Technical Writer
Hypack, Inc.
judy at hypack.com