Import by Reference Question/Bug ?

Richard Melanson rmelanson at spirecorp.com
Tue Aug 18 13:32:25 PDT 2009

My apologies Richard, you did state this in an earlier response.

I use the import by reference function as a kind of alerting system. My
Engineering group has a bunch of directories filled with schematic and
mechanical drawings they convert to jpg or png or pdf. I then import by
reference from these directories into my Frame file to create a drawing
book. If Engineering is changing a drawing, it is taken out of its
original directory and placed into a pending directory waiting for the
DCO and the new drawing to become available. When Engineering moves the
file, this breaks the import by reference link thus alerting me that my
drawing book needs to be updated.

Its at this point I run into my problem of not being able to get by the
Missing File window. I have also run into the scenario you state below
where multiple files have been moved for updating. I get an  updated
drawing placed back into its original directory, Frame recognizes the
new drawing and moves on to the next missing file and sticks, its as if
the Ignore and Skip functions just don't work.

Rick