Xrefs lose formatting

Fred Wersan fwersan at mak.com
Thu Aug 27 04:35:23 PDT 2009

I have a problem with my cross references losing their formatting. In my
xrefs to chapters and sections, the chapter or section name has a
character format applied to make it blue. The format looks like this:

<Hypertext>“<$paratext>,” <Default ¶ Font>on page\ $chapnum>\+<$pagenum>

The Hypertext format is for blue text.

I am often finding that the xrefs are black text, not blue.
Generating/updating a book does not fix this. I have to open each
chapter and go to Edit -> Update References to get the formatting
applied. And it doesn't stick. The next time I open the book or even
after I close the files and then print again, I lose the formatting.

This is a relatively recent phenomenon, so something probably changed,
but I can't imagine what.

I am using Frame 8, structured. If anyone has any ideas for where I
should look for a solution, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Constantly
fixing this stuff in the production cycle is a major pain.

Fred
--
Fred Wersan
Senior Technical Writer

VR-Vantage, MAK's 3D Visual Solution, is here!
Find out how it can fit your simulation at VR-Vantage.com