global header change?

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 1 11:52:39 PST 2009

Thanks Art,

I'll give it a try (as you described).

-- Kenpo

________________________________
From: Art Campbell <art.campbell at gmail.com>
To: Ken Poshedly <poshedly at bellsouth.net>
Cc: FrameMaker Users List <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 2:36:09 PM
Subject: Re: global header change?

First, as you discovered, product names (and company names, I think) should always be variables.
Second, to update, just update one chapter of the book with the correct information (you may as well set it up as a variable too) so that the header is correct on the master page, save the file, then at the book level select all the component files that should match and Import Formats from your golden file. You should only have to do Variables and Master Pages.

Save, update, and you're done.

Art Campbell                                                                          art.campbell at gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358

Argghhhh!