TOC/Index unformatted

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Dec 4 12:31:50 PST 2009

Hi, Linda:

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Branam, Linda C <branam at hp.com> wrote:
> I'm a newbie to the list and to FrameMaker. I am working on my first document and when I Update Book, the TOC and Index are created, but they are not formatted.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to resolve it?
>

> Thanks,
> Linda
> Linda Frost Branam
> Senior Technical Editor - Aesbus Knowledge Solutions
> HP Personal Systems Group--Notebooks

Your documentation team should have a formatted TOC and index template
for the doc set you're working on. Check with your teammates and
manager for their location. When you find them, open them, and open
the unformatted generated TOC and index you created. With the
unformatted TOC active, use File > Import > Formats and choose the TOC
template to import its formatting; do the same from the unformatted

HTH

Regards,

Peter