White ruling on Frame tables/

bernard at publishingsmarter.com bernard at publishingsmarter.com
Sun Dec 6 08:06:57 PST 2009

You can do this (and it's work):

Set up your table with all the usual settings. Get your black outside lines (I made them Thick) and your inside lines (Thin, redefined the color as white). Once done you have a table with the rules you need.

Now add an extra row/colum all the way around the outside. Set the custom rule/shade to drop the borders for colum/line to none. Also set the outside border to none for the OPPOSITE side that you are working with. For example, if working on a colum on the right of the table, set the left outside to none. Apply it all.

You end up with a column that is set with a thick black border on the right, top, and bottom. No lines in it.

Resize it to zero inches.

Repeat with the same ideas for the top/left/bottom of the table.

If it helps, let me know. If you have issues with doing this, email me and I'll make a quick video for you on the idea. You will have to do some work with the sizing for truly perfect sizing, but I can mock it up here quickly, so with some time/effort it can likely be perfected.

Bernard