Import external file by reference

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 09:52:55 PST 2009

The only drawback to linking to an external file from within FrameMaker, or
any application for that matter, is that the linked file must remain in the
same relative folder relationship to the source file. Once you deliver the
source document to your customer, typically as a PDF or possibly in an HTML
Help format, you can't guarantee this relationship will be maintained. Once
the relationship is broken the link no longer works.

David Spreadbury
Sr. Technical Writer