Applications on Windows 7

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 06:14:15 PST 2009

I've been running Frame on W7 since the early betas without problems, but no
guarantees.

You almost certainly will have to set them up with the W7 compatibility
wizard and possibly would have to run them as an admin.

Yes, 7.x is way old, but there are a number of shops and people using it.
You can probably get by with 7.2 OK if that's all you need to do your job,
although the newer versions are more capable of more things and mote stable.
I wouldn't use Acrobat 7 though, given its number of security holes....

If I were you, I'd do the upgrade to the Tech Comm Suite to get newer
versions of Frame and Acrobat, as well as the other aps. Given that you
haven't upgraded for 5-6 years, your company's probably gotten its money's
worth from the 7 generation. And you could still run Frame 7.

ePublisher I have no idea about, but because that's your newest ap, it's
probably stable.

Most publishers of Frame plug-ins have upgraded their products for FM9
compatibility, but it depends on the particular plug in. In general, they
don't interact with the OS, so you shouldn't have OS compatibility problems.

If you back up your current installs, there isn't a real reason you can't
just blow those customized files onto a new machine with the same generation
Frame you're using.

Art Campbell
         art.campbell at gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358