Graphics scale resetting to 100% when I open file

Fri Dec 11 14:55:53 PST 2009

Gordon Maney wrote:

>  For reasons that are not clear to me it seems the prevailing thought
> here is to not copy into document, instead importing by reference.

The primary reason -- at least for me -- is updating. When the GUI
changes and I need to replace screenshots, I just overwrite the old ones
with new ones of the same name, and the FM files are updated
automatically.

If you embed graphics in the FM files, they're static. When something
changes, you have to manually replace it. That may not be as much of an
issue if you're dealing with, say, hardware instead of ever-changing
software user interfaces.

BTW, please don't quote the entire Framers Digest in you posts, just the
relevant part of the message to which you're responding.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom