DITA File - FDK Programming

Shanmugham Subbaiyan ssubbaiyan at millenniumci.com
Fri Dec 11 13:56:22 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm working on DITA file structure in FrameMaker. I wanted to create a 'New
DITA File' out of the text that I'm selecting from a document that is opened
in FM. And have to give the 'Conref' to this new file from the main
document. Here are the steps that I would like to achieve with FDK
programming.

1.       Open a DITA document

2.       Select a section of text

3.       Make a new DITA file with the selected text

4.       Give the 'Conref' in the main file to the newly created file

It would be really helpful if anyone can advice me with the FDK APIs. Which
API I should use for the followings.. (Or is there any other way to do this)

1.       To show "New DITA Topic" dialog

2.       To create (export) a new file with the selected text

3.       To insert a 'Conref' for this new file in the main file

Note: I'm referring "FDK Programmer's reference" and "FDK Programmer's
guide". So far I could not find anything much useful for me.

Pls help me out on this.

Thanks.

Rgs,

Shanmugham