how to prevent empty pages in a book? (part xxviii)

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 06:46:44 PST 2009

To clarify this...  if you're opening a component file outside the book
environment, the file's settings are used, so if you want consistent
behavior, the file pagination settings need to match the book's.

The book pagination only applies if the book environment is present. So if
you're also treating the files as individual documents, you need to set them
up properly. In particular, since you have left and right pages, I'd guess
that you're using double-sided pagination... which would force any single
page document to grow an empty back page, just because there are ALWAYS an
even number of pages.

Art Campbell
         art.campbell at gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358