how to prevent empty pages in a book? (part xxviii)

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Dec 16 09:01:10 PST 2009

Hi Jakob,

You can tell that it's a disconnected page by choosing View > Text Symbols
and looking at the page. You can see the section symbol on the second page,
so you know that it is not connected to the page the contains your table.
The first thing I would check it to find out why Miramo is creating the
documents this way in the first place. If you can fix the problem in Miramo,
it should be easy to recreate all of the documents quickly.

If you don't have this option, and want a FrameScript script to do it
quickly on all files in the book, please contact me offlist and I will give
you a price. Please let me know what version of FrameScript you are
currently using. Thank you very much.

Rick

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 17:07, Art Campbell <art.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Section symbol is a paragraph. So if it's on the second page... you
have
> content there even if there's no textual content.

So this means that Frame doesn't consider it an empty page and doesn't
delete it.  Which makes perfect sense.

Also, I just ran Miramo again to regenerate the FrameMaker files and
it turns out that I was wrong, and the initial documents are already
two-page documents with the second page containing simply an empty
paragraph. Mea culpa!

Which leads me to the question: How can I get rid of the empty
paragraph, and thence the second page?  Any tools, plugins, scripts?

Jakob.