TCS2 Distiller license problem

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Wed Dec 16 09:21:48 PST 2009

All,

Since hearing about some problems with TCS 2, I'm concerned about the issue
below that I've encountered. A quick look at the Adobe forums didn't garner
an answer.

I have a fully licensed version of TCS2 on my laptop. I first installed it
as the trial version, then entered my serial number when I got it.

I've not had any issues with testing out RH and FM, but I notice now when I
open Distiller, I'm being asked for a serial number. I'm able to open all
other parts of TCS 2, including RH, FM, Acrobat (not Distiller), PhotoShop,
and Captivate. These all recognize that I've already entered a serial
number. Only Distiller does not.

I understand that the problems I've heard about started with licensing
issues with Acrobat. I've also heard that some of the solutions to this
problem cause more problems.

Does anyone know of a script that will fix this licensing issue with
Distiller and not hose up my TCS 2 installation and my laptop?

Thank you for your help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates
RMIMA Membership Manager
www.RMIMA.org