"Anchoring" Callout Text to a Figure

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 14:21:46 PST 2009

Not to beat this horse much further into the ground, but why would I place a callout to an item in a graphic outside the frame containing the graphic?

Obviously, if I place the callout outside the frame containing the illustration, there is not binding of the callouts and the illustration. If I place the callouts inside the graphic frame containing the illustration I can then bind them together as one object, after grouping. Then I don't care what happens outside the graphic frame, everything in the frame stays together.

David Spreadbury
Sr. Technical Writer