Arial Narrow Problem on Windows 7 Resolved

Galanter, Lea Lea.Galanter at fticonsulting.com
Fri Dec 18 12:47:31 PST 2009

Hi All,

Thanks to Richard Combs and Shlomo Perets for their help. Without them I
could not have learned more about setting up Frame 9 to create PDFs.
Here is the setup that finally worked for me.

* In the PDF Setup dialog box, on the Settings tab, select Convert CMYK
Colors to RGB and select High Quality Print.
* In the Print Setup dialog box, make sure that the printer Name is
Adobe PDF.
* Then click Properties and, on the Adobe PDF Settings tab, clear the
"Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts" option.
* (I also selected High Quality Print for my Default Settings.)

The third bulleted item came about after I attempted to create a PDF
after selecting Convert CMYK. I received a warning indicating to clear
the "Rely on..." option on the Adobe PDF Settings tab.

Lea Galanter
Lead Technical Editor & Writer
FTI Technology
lea.galanter at fticonsulting.com