structured Frame to XML: marker @type changes value mysteriously

LW White lwwhite5 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 17:14:58 PST 2009

I have a marker in an unstructured Frame 7 document. Its Frame marker type is "SpecialRules". I write a conversion table rule like this:

M:SpecialRules  |  marker[type=”specrules”]

I structure the document using the conversion table and the result is

marker
   type  =  specrules

which is correct.

I save the structured Frame doc to XML using my structured app and get error messages such as "Attribute 'type' does not match its defined enumeration. When I check the XML, I have this:

<marker type = "SpecialRules" text = "blah blah blah"/>

when I should have

<marker type = "specrules" text = "blah blah blah"/>

In my EDD/DTD, I have the element marker defined with a type attribute and one of the values of @type is qrst. Then I have a rule formatting markers with this attribute values as Frame marker type FmQRST.

InitialObjectFormat
  ContextRule
    If context is: [type="specrules"]
       Use marker type:SpecialRules

I don't have any r/w rules that address marker attributes. I shouldn't think I need them, as I am not translating an attribute to any other attribute or translating values, etc.

Can someone explain why Frame is change the value of @type in a structured Frame file to the name of the corresponding Frame marker type in the XML instead of leaving the @type value as-is?

Thanks,
Leigh