numbering in character format?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Dec 23 14:51:19 PST 2009

obair wrote:
> Because this is for a number in the middle of a sentence.
>
> Paul

Looks more like the beginning of a sentence to me.  Can't you just use a
couple of placeholders, like this...

"Step" tag
Step <n+>, Part <n=1>:  //for Step X, Part 1

"Part" tag
Step <n>, Part <n+1>:   //for Parts 2, 3, etc. in a Step.

HTH,
sr

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."