Free online version of Read Me First! A Style Guide for theComputer Industry, Third Edition (3rd Edition)

Gary Schnabl gSchnabl at SWDetroit.com
Thu Dec 24 06:38:01 PST 2009

On 12/24/2009 9:22 AM, Jack DeLand wrote:
> http://books.google.com/books?id=TJSwqVS24CYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=read+me+first&cd=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false
>
> It says it's a "limited preview," but I was able to scroll all the way
> from the front to the back cover.

AFAIK, you cannot copy and paste from an online Google Book. They are
nice to preview, though. The Historical Society in a Milwaukee
suburb--the village of West Milwaukee--just west of its inner city near
Miller Park where the Brewers play had written a 100th anniversary book.
Somehow, it was recently picked for a Google book.

I came across the book when web searching something relating to my
surname, and this free e-book was among its hits. To my surprise, it
contained three pictures of my grandfather who died 59 years ago, as a
21-year old or thereabouts, from circa 1905, three years after he
emigrated from the Kaernten "county" of Austria. A lot of previously
unknown near relatives and kin were also present.

Gary