Frame 9 MAJOR BUG

Galanter, Lea Lea.Galanter at fticonsulting.com
Tue Dec 29 12:24:17 PST 2009

I'm not sure how to report this, but Frame 9 just crashed on me when I
had two files open (named About Blah and Configuring Blah), and when I
re-opened both files, they were exactly the same. That means, I totally
lost all the text in one of the files. I'm using Frame 9 on Windows 7
and I was working in the Configuring Blah file and selected Conditional
Text to apply a condition to some text. Frame crashed and then re-opened
itself. When Frame opened the Configuring Blah chapter.recover file, all
my original text was gone and replaced with the text from the About Blah
chapter! Even the Configuring Blah.backup file had been converted to the
text from the About Blah.backup file.

I don't know if anyone else has ever experienced this problem, but this
is major. Assuming I can even get the previous version from my company's
source control, this is still hours and hours of work to re-create. This
is a major bug in Frame. How do I report it?

Lea Galanter

Lead Technical Editor and Writer

F T I Technology

lea.galanter at fticonsulting.com <mailto:asinclaire at attenex.com>