Disappearing text using Save As to PDF

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 05:58:00 PST 2009

David's font cache deletion is actually the work-around that had to be used
before Microsoft fixed the problem.
Assuming you're on a Windows platform, use this to MS hotfix the missing
your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=952909  (Gives details on the Hotfix)

http://support.microsoft.com/Hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=952909&kbln=en-us<http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=952909&kbln=en-us>
(Direct Download Link)
This was released and documented in an Adobe blog:
http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2008/07/hotfix_for_framemaker_1.html

Note that this seems to be separate from the tagged table bug that Shlomo
mentioned, but it's still a required fix if you're on Windows.

Another main point is that from the information you posted, it's impossible
to tell whether both your FM version and your Acrobat program are fully
patched. Make sure they are....  And as long as you're on 7.2, don't use
SaveAs PDF.

Art

Art Campbell
         art.campbell at gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358