My document "properties" in template turns sideheads on for several files where it is unwanted

Baruch Brodersen baruch at technitext.com
Wed Feb 4 08:59:50 PST 2009

Richard,

Interesting. Amazing really.

I use Rick Quattro's ImportFormatsSpecial plug-in which splits out Document
Properties into these constituent parts: Volume number, chapter numbering,
page numbering, paragraph numbering, text options, change bars, footnote
props. & num., table footnote props. & num., marker type names, PDF
properties, and view options.

For a screenshot go here:
http://www.frameexpert.com/plugins/importformatsspecial/index.htm

When I select and import all of these, I observe no effect on column layout,
one column or two column, with or without sideheads.

However, when I look at the file's underlying MIF syntax I did find
<DFluidSideheads No> lurking in the Document Properties section. Changing
the tag to <DFluidSideheads Yes> had no visible effect on the document. The
MIF Reference Online Manual (FM 7.0) I have does not document this tag, so I
am at a loss as to what it does.

Baruch