Modification Date Variable

Joseph panopticon23 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:33:04 PST 2009

Hi all,

In one of the books I am working on, I need to insert a date into each frame
file when the text is modified. For example, if I add a paragraph to Frame
File 1.fm, then I need to insert 4/05/09. Since this book consists of
several hundred frame files, more then one person uses this book, and people
will forget to update the date manually, I would like to automate this
process.

At first, I thought the Modification Date variable would address this
problem. It only updates the date when you make a change to the frame file
and save. However, I realized that when you perform a book update, the date
is changed regardless of whether any change occurred in that particular
frame file (eg creating a TOC or updating a text inset).

Is there a way to set up a variable so it only updates the date when the
user makes an actual change to an individual frame file, while ignoring
book-level updates?

--
Sincerely,

Joseph Lorenzini