inter-file cross-reference issue

Samantha Ascheri sascheri at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:49:46 PST 2009

I am using FM 8. I have several small (topic) files that I am importing by reference into a larger (chapter) file.

Some of these files contain cross-references that function as expected in the source file, but not in the file into which they are imported. The cross-reference links are not broken (they do not show up on a broken links search). The text appears, but the linking functionality is gone. Since I have the text set up to appear as links, this is an issue.

Am I missing something, or does FM simply not support inter-file cross-reference linking? If not, can anyone suggest a workaround?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you!
Samantha