Modification Date Variable

Klaus Mueller mueller23 at web.de
Fri Feb 6 12:18:27 PST 2009

Hello Joe,

You can use FrameScript to update the content of
your user variable on specific events.
If you have FrameScript, install the script below
and manually insert a variable named "DocModified"
into your documents.

The following "events" were considered:
Keyboard text changes (inserting, deleting), pasting
anything from the clipboard, inserting objects
(anchored frame, table, marker, footnote, math) and
changes from the find/change dialog.

8< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Event Initialize
Set gvChanges = '3570 274 275 803 559 849 '+
  '848 3968 854 3920 3921 3922 562 563 564';
New EDateTime NewVar(gvEdtMod);
EndEvent

Event NotePostFunction
Find String(IParm) InString(gvChanges)
  WholeWord ReturnStatus(lvIsChange);
If (not lvIsChange) LeaveSub; EndIf
Get Object Type(VarFmt) Name('DocModified')
  NewVar(lvVarFmt) DocObject(ActiveDoc);
If (not lvVarFmt) LeaveSub; EndIf
Run gvEdtMod.SetCurrTime;
Run gvEdtMod.Format FormatStr('%c') NewVar(lvDate);
Set lvVarFmt.Fmt = lvDate;
EndEvent

Event Terminate
Delete Object(gvEdtMod);