imported graphic on coloured background - thin white linearound the inserted graphic

Jacob Schäffer js at grafikhuset.dk
Sat Feb 7 10:58:46 PST 2009

Ulrike,

This is basically a Windows GDI (and GDI+) thing.

However, when Framemaker sets up the so-called "device context" during
PostScript -> PDF creation it is actually possible to set a "drawing flag"
that prevent drawing the white rectangle before drawing the image itself.

It seem that Framemaker fail to set the this "drawing flag" correctly when
the frame that contain the image is set *not* to have a background colour.

So, even though Windows GDI by default does this "background thing",
applications that call the Windows drawing functions (as Framemaker does)
can set a flag that avoid it. Framemaker does not seem to attempt to avoid
drawing a filled rectangle behind images even though it should (under
certain circumstances).

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Jacob Schäffer  |  Chief Developer

Grafikhuset (House of Graphics)