S-L-O-W cursor movement in FrameMaker 9

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Feb 9 12:09:20 PST 2009

Mike Wickham wrote:
>> How much RAM are you running? And any other memory-hungry aps open at
>> the same time?
>
> I've got 4 GB of RAM (though XP reports on 3.25). Frame is the only program
> open. I've since done some experimenting with my template. Cursor speed was
> fine with this template when it was in FM6 and FM7.1. In FM8, cursor speed
> slowed if the Paragraph Designer, Character Designer, or Table Designer
> windows were open. In FM9, cursor speed is always very slow-- even with all
> windows, pods, and toolbars closed-- EXCEPT when using the Manage Graphics
> workspace. A line that takes 4 seconds to scroll across (using arrow keys)
> in Notepad or Word, takes 19 seconds in FM9 when using any other workspace.

I am trying out FM 9, and also find the cursor is extremely slow to
respond to the arrow keys.  (XP on a 3GHz CPU, 1.5GB RAM, and no such
problem in any other app. including FM 7.0, with any number of other
apps running.)

And I can't BELIEVE they STILL haven't fixed the screen refresh bug!!!!
  Keep your Ctrl + L shortcut handy, folks.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

I'll stop saying Microsoft is arrogant when
Windows stops saying "Welcome" and instead asks "May I?"