New topic_ Converting Word to FMKR

Susan Curtzwiler SusanCu at vmc.com
Tue Feb 10 12:05:31 PST 2009

Hi All
  A couple of weeks ago, I successfully used "Import by copy into document"  from Word 2007 to FMKR 7.
  Today, all I get in the conversion box is a list of files to choose and it does not include Word 2007 as a lone option, only Word for Windows 6.0/7.0.
 Then, I get an error message:  The filter encountered an error and could not complete the translation. I tried to use three different Word docs.

My coworker and I are using only Word 2007 -- so I can't figure out why this issue is giving us trouble.

My coworker said he can use copy/paste special just fine.   I'm sure it works, but seems like a work-around that we should not have to use.  I thought Frame was to use these import features to help us.

Is there any problem to use paste/special ?  We are converting a 300+ Word doc to Frame.

Just with the trial samples we have shown  - management is very pleased !!!

Thanks,
Sue Curtzwiler