Hedaing2TOC not showing correct

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Feb 11 07:34:10 PST 2009

Nidhi Bansal wrote:
> Yes, you are right. Can you please suggest me how to resolve the issue?
> Whenever I update my book, problem of tab character emerges. I have to
> manually remove the tab character.
>
> Regards,
> Nidhi

Nidhi,

The tab keeps reappearing in your TOC because the TOC is copying it from
the *content* file.  You need to find that heading2 in the chapter file
and delete the tab symbol there; then when you update the book and TOC,
the correct heading2 content will be copied.

(If the problem is occurring with *every* heading2, then the errant tab
character is probably on the TOC reference page; but I believe you said
the problem is not consistent.  It's therefore not a reference page error.)

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

I'll stop saying Microsoft is arrogant when
Windows stops saying "Welcome" and instead asks "May I?"