Desperately Need Legal FrameMaker 8!

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Wed Feb 18 17:27:12 PST 2009

FWIW, no company is ever going to get any additional copies of FrameMaker 8
shipped from Adobe or any of our channel partners. The fact is that Adobe
very carefully controls how much inventory there is in the channel so that
by the time a new release is announced and shipping, the likelihood of finding
any significant number of copies of the earlier release for sale is relatively
low. This is true for all Adobe products. The only place where you might find
such older versions would be at the "end" of the channel, software retailers
themselves who may not be moving many copies of a particular product.
For better or worse, not too many software retailers actually stock FrameMaker;
they usually get it for you on special order from their distributors and often
have it "drop shipped" to you. As such, they are unlikely to have any inventory
of the older versions.

	- Dov