FrameMaker index question

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Mon Feb 23 11:00:36 PST 2009

Richard,

You wrote:

>Well, I'm reluctant to contradict someone of Shlomo's stature, but index
>entries don't follow the standard hypertext behavior as he described it.
>The index term is never part of the active area.

Thanks for the compliment.

If you examine the index in the sample Ecology book (included in the
samples/overview/book folder under the FrameMaker installation folder), and
inspect the hypertext markers and their active area, you will see that the
index terms are active together with the first hypertext markers, as single
links. However, if the definitions had been such that the page numbers had
a different character format, this would have interfered with the link
extending to include the term.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants