Numbering question

Les Smalley l_c_smalley at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 08:22:41 PST 2009

You can use more than just letters as the numbering series identifiers; digits and punctuation symbols work also, although can become extremely confusing.

I have not tested it thoroughly, but I believe that any single character may be used as an identifier preceding the colon, so you can have the very cryptic number series <:<n+>

– Lester

--- On Tue, 2/24/09, Stuart Rogers <srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com> wrote:
quills at airmail.net wrote:

> The number stream identifier is H: but could be any captial letter.

...or any lower case letter.  The series label is case-sensitive, so h: and H: would identify two different streams.

Best,
--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt