Using wickies

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 08:42:00 PST 2009

I've only used a wiki review process a couple times, but it was way
clunky, at least from the writer's point of view. As far as editing it
up to a documentation standard for customer distribution goes, you
certainly could do it with enough time and cycles... probably more
cycles than in a doc publishing environment because the writing and
editing tools aren't as sophisticated.

****
If I were you, or Honeywell, I'd look at using Acrobat to conduct
shared reviews because it's much easier to manage and more productive.
As well as generating an audit trail of the comments and their
disposition.

Unless you're really wedded to vintage software, FM 9 in combo with
Acrobat lets you conduct the review in Acrobat and then import the
comments back into Frame for the edit cycle.

***
And of course you have the option of exporting from Frame to a format
that can be integrated into a wiki and form the core of the doc.

Just my $.02.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell