FrameMaker/ePublisher issue

Mary Anthony manthony at palantirtech.com
Mon Jan 5 13:50:50 PST 2009

Mark,

This is an ePublisher issue. I have run into it.  You can search characters on the ePublisher support page:

"Wingdings characters present a particular challenge when working with HTML-based content. Since Wingdings (as well as a few other "symbol" fonts) conflicts with the Unicode character map, many browsers simply don't support it. Internet Explorer skirts the issue and displays these characters correctly."

A solution is to use the character map to do a translation from one character to another.

"To modify the ePublisher character map, you'll need to perform a simple overide of a file called 'mapentrysets.xml', which is located by default in the ePublisher Pro installation directory:
ePublisher Pro\Formats\Shared\html

For information on performing target overrides, please see their online knowledge base article here:
http://www.webworks.com/technotes/articles/ePublisherPro/EX_ePub_Project_Format_Overrides.36.1.aspx

Mary