Converting FrameMaker Marker tags with Acrobat

Denise L. Moss-Fritch d.mossfritch at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 07:26:28 PST 2009

We have run into a problem with Acrobat (v8.x) converting only part of
FrameMaker (v7 and 8) Hypertext tags. Our company uses a text insert for
support information. In that text insert is a list of several email
addresses for support of various products. A Hypertext tag was inserted for
each email address to convert those addresses in Acrobat so the addresses
are active links.

The Hypertext dialog in FrameMaker identifies Message Client as the Command,
with message url <email address> as the Syntax message clientname
parameters. All email addresses that are single words before @ convert fine.
However, those email addresses that use support-<product>@ drop the support-
portion of the address.

How can we include the support- portion of the address when converting to
Acrobat Thanks.

Best,

Denise L. Moss-Fritch

Lead Technical Writer