pilcrow before tag name in character catalog

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Jan 8 10:35:27 PST 2009

Milan Davidovic wrote:
> (I tried Google for the answer to this one, but with no luck; if you
> know how to make the answer appear, I'd be happy to know how too... )
>
> I thought that a pilcrow appearing before the tag name in character
> catalog meant that the tag in question was used in a paragraph format,
> but I can't seem to make one appear there myself.
>
> Am I interpreting the pilcrow correctly? Might there be some reason
> why I can't get one to appear there myself? I made the para format,
> incorporated a char format, saved, closed the doc and Frame itself and
> reopened, but nothing new in the catalog.

Incorporated a char format...?  Do you mean you used a char format in
autonumbering?  Even so, I've never seen a pilcrow in the char catalog.
  I think the only place I see it is in the status bar, where the flow,
pgf and char tag names are shown.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"A man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--another Rogers Original