Does FM crash on Large files on a regular basis?

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:26:12 PST 2009

Art Campbell wrote:
> Yeah, I was including PDF as a viable graphic format to use to replace
> the OLE, just didn't call it out.
> However, PNG has been working really well from Visio 2007. So far. ;- )

But it seems a shame to convert a vector graphic to a raster image
unless one of the deliverables will be HTML.

PDF retains the vector properties of the original and is highly portable.
If portability is not an issue and everyone is careful to only use
universally available fonts (since the file format embeds only the font
*name* and not the font itself), WMF works well for Visio graphics
in my experience.

-Fred Ridder