PDF import issue

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Jan 9 12:30:31 PST 2009

Adrianne Mora wrote:
> I am using Unstructured FrameMaker 8 on Windows XP. I also have Acrobat
> 8 Standard.
>

> I have several wiring diagrams in DWG format that I need to import into
> a FrameMaker file. Because of the size and detail of these diagrams,
> they must be printed on Ledger (11x17) sized paper. I print the drawing
> from AutoCAD to PDF. I can open and print the PDF from Acrobat Standard
> and it looks perfect.
>

> However, when I import (by reference) this same file into a Ledger-sized
> page in FrameMaker, all of the lines look (and print) thicker, which
> makes all of the small details illegible. In the object details, Frame
> says that it is scaled 100%. Considering that the file is imported by
> reference, shouldn't it look the same way? Does anyone have any
> solutions?

When you print, are you printing straight to a hardware printer from FM,
or are you printing to Distiller/PDF first, then printing hardcopy from
that output?

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"A man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--another Rogers Original