How can I avoid having to rescale linked screen shots

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Jan 12 07:18:20 PST 2009

Andersen, Verner Engell VEA wrote:
> All my screen shots in Framemaker are linked .png. When I write a new
> version of the manual I simply replace all the changed screen shots with
> with new ones with the same name and voila all screen shots in the
> manual are updated.
>
> Alas, when I open Framemaker they often lloks distorted and I have to
> reimport or at least rescale them again. Is there a way to avoid this?
>
> I know that I from the menu Graphics, Object properties can set the
> scaling to 100% and restart scaling but I hope that there is an easier
> way to handle linked graphics.

I find that I get better results by specifying a larger dpi value rather
than decreasing the percentage.  For some reason, whenever the
percentage is changed, FM reports the dpi as "unknown."  Don't know if
this will solve your problem, but you could give it a try.

s.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"A man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--another Rogers Original