Reduce Number of Color Definitions?

Mike Feimster mike.feimster at acstechnologies.com
Thu Jan 15 11:05:56 PST 2009

<snip>
Change your 8-bit PNGs to 24-bit. (There's surprisingly little increase
in size, in my experience.)
</snip>

I did some testing once and created two documents, where the only
difference was one doc had an 8-bit png inported by reference and the
other had a 16-bit png imported by reference. When I generated PDFs, the
PDF with the 8-bit png was actually bigger.

Mike