Redaction techniques?

Whitney Broach Whitney at BroachServices.com
Thu Jan 15 10:31:23 PST 2009

Performed redaction (blackout or whiteout to "sanitize" a document) from
within pre-8.x FM?

I can use lightweight redaction, meaning that the underlying information
might still be in the output file-because in this case the deliverable is on
paper. I assume this could be done by applying a character style with a font
in which every image is simply a solid block, and then coloring white or
black or whatever. (Any font suggestions?)

Also interested in real redaction, where the redacted information is not in
the output file.

I've seen the redaction feature of Acrobat 8.x, as well as a couple of
add-ons that work with pdf's. No problem with those. I'm just wondering if
techniques or add-ons exist for FM.

Best,

Whitney

Whitney Broach