FM8 seems to be sluggish on my PC

Avraham Makeler amakeler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:57:39 PST 2009

Btw, something like this also happens when I do Gmail in IE7 on my T30
laptop (1.8GHz but 7 years old),
but with Chrome it's fine.

>> Buy a new computer?Is there really much faster out there than a ~3GHz.

>> Add some RAM?
For point actions like jumping from one word to another, I don't really
think it's a RAM issue.

>> If you have DDR*2* RAM in your computer, additional RAM is very cheap.
My RAM is more expensive. But, as above, I don't really think it's a RAM
issue.

>> How much RAM do you have?
1GB

>> How much free disk space on the C drive?
12GB

>> What operating system are you running?
Windows XP Home

>> Do your files contain graphics that have been copied into the Frame
files, or are they imported by reference?
Not my document. Haven't a clue. From what I see at this company, I think
they are all external linked.
But again, it's FM8 that's slow. FM7.2 is fine, on this machine (I tried the
FM7.2 demo, and then after a couple of hour's work realized it didn't save
anything...).

>> In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
Yes, my wife's redheaded. Is that supposed to make FM run faster? (Don't
know what a Vincent is.)

>> Same thing happens to me with FM 8..when the Hypertext dialog box is
open...
Hypertext dialog box is not open.
But that's an idea, maybe I should close some things, other FM dial boxes,
background apps.

Tnx for the responses,

avi