FM8 seems to be sluggish on my PC

Kelly McDaniel kmcdaniel at pavtech.com
Tue Jan 20 12:45:54 PST 2009

It may be good news that FrameMaker v9 includes the para, char, and
other design windows as floating pallets. In my tests on v9, there was
no discernable difference when the pallets were displayed or closed. The
pallets can be minimized at two levels.

To recap:  I think we are pretty well resolved that the issue with
FrameMaker 8 is caused by mouse gestures that must be registered in the
open dialog windows...pretty code intensive/processor intensive.

I believe this issue is resolved with FM v9...regards, Kelly.